Wednesday, March 27, 2013

First 3 Weeks

Wow the time that we have been doing this has been flying by! It seems like it was just yesterday I was ready to start this. But it's been 3 weeks already!
A lot has changed in 3 weeks!! A month ago, we wouldn't have thought twice about driving through a fast food place to grab something to eat, now, I don't think you could pay us to do it. We have got pizza one night. We ended up getting the take and bake pizza and instead of ordering 4 family size pizzas and we all get stuffed, we ordered 2 and there were leftovers! We opted to do the very thin crust and not get extra cheese like we use to. I would like to think that we would never go out to eat but we have 3 kids, and a life that never stops, so there will always be something that comes up. It's just learning how to order something better then you use to.
If you have been following us since the beginning you will have noticed that I didn't like exercise... OK I hated exercise. But Nathan and I knew that nothing was going to change if we didn't get off our butts. So we signed up for our local gym, North Hill Fitness. I LOVE IT!!! Yes, you read that right.... I love to workout. So far I am just doing lots of cardio but I will get to weights too. I have to be honest with you, when we started it was hard! REALLY HARD!! The first day I went, I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes on a speed of maybe 2-2.5. I was out of breath, sweating all over, praying that no one was looking at me in the corner. Truth is, who cares if people look... I dreaded walking into the gym, and sometimes I still do. But now, even if I am feeling like I don't want to be seen at the gym, I am still there!!!
So first day, I did 20 minutes  on the treadmill. And I felt good. I was dying while doing it, but afterwards it was like I had 10 cups of coffee. So later the same day I get a phone call from a dear friend of mine, she was going to the gym later that evening and wanted to know if I would like to go. Hmmmm do I think that I might not want to start out with 2 workouts a day? Haha, NO! I can do it..... Yeah not so much! I went with her and we were on the elliptical for 3 minutes, not kidding, I was seeing spots and thought I was going to pass out after 3 minutes! I remember getting off of it, knowing I had to make it to the treadmill which was about 4 feet away, but that 4 feet felt like I was hiking the grand canyon! I walked about 10 more minutes on the treadmill and was done. The next two days were hell!! I had completely overdone it!! It was all my legs could do it walk up and down our stairs, sitting was so painful! But about the 3rd day, I was starting to feel normal again. I thought I would try the gym again, this time.... starting slow. I go about 4 times a week now, and really wish I could make it there more. My goal is to be there 5 days a week, and I will get there. I have to tell you, I really can't believe how much your body changes over 3 weeks of working out! 3 weeks ago, I couldn't walk on a treadmill and talk because I was so out of breath. Today, I am up to about an hour on the elliptical (yes the same machine I couldn't do more then 3 minutes on before!!) and 30 minutes on the bike or treadmill. I change things up, but that is about a normal time for me, 1.5 hours of cardio.
Now for weight loss..... Our first weigh in I was 285, the second weigh in (2 weeks later) I was 276. So I was down 9 lbs. Nathan is dropping like crazy! He started at 340 and by the second weigh in he was at 224. I really wish women dropped weight as quick as men did!
So if your waiting for your spark to get up and get moving. Do it today. Get to the gym, try it for 3 weeks. Not hard, your not training for a marathon, just something little. Try it! Let me know your story!  Believe me, each day gets easier!! You can lose it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment