Monday, March 4, 2013

Starting Out

I always thought that I would never get fat, but then when I did, I thought, oh it will come off, I don't have to do anything. I have never been a big exerciser, ok lets be truthful here - I hate to exercise! I went to a Junior high and we ran the mile and the "fun run" - which was never fun, twice a week. I hated to run and wearing bright "Barney" purple colored clothes while doing it, never helped. So ever since I was about 13, I have avoided exercise at all cost. Don't get me wrong, I have joined a gym for a few months before, and then made up some excuse and quit. So why is this time going to be different? Well first I don't know if it will be, but I really hope it is! Second, we have to do something!! We are missing our whole lives because we have got to the point where we can't do anything.

So let me share a bit about us.... Nathan and I (Rori) have been together for 10 years. We have 3 kiddos, 14, 10 and 5. We always seems to be busy with something. Nathan works full time and I stay home with the kids. I volunteer on the PTA, different school clubs, and some city boards, so it seems like I have a different meeting each day of the week. Between work, meetings, kids homework, games, etc. we are lucky if we see each other let alone have time to make healthy meals or go workout.

So since Nathan and I have been together we have both totally let ourselves go!! There is no question about that. We have both put on over 100 pounds, stopped what little exercise we did do, quit caring about what we ate and have decided that relaxing on the couch was way better then what we looked or felt like. When we first got together 10 years ago, I was working for a weight loss center, (kind of ironic hu?) So it is not like I don't know what to do, or how to do it. But when we started dating 10 years ago, I was a size 8, today, I am a size 24. Ouch!! I still have kept a pair of jeans from when I was a size 8, I don't think I could get one leg into them now.

Through this journey we hope to lose a combined total of around 300 pounds or about 150 each. We know it is going to take awhile - even though I would love to have it happen over night. We will each post on this page to talk about our ups and downs, exercise, our food, before and after pictures, etc.

This will be one of the hardest things we have ever done, let alone a very personal blog. We invite your questions, comments, support and so on. But please remember that this is a very hard thing to do, let alone do publicly.

Thank you for your support and help along the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment